Plugin – BP Site Post
This plugin brings BuddyPress post statuses to the front-end, with a simple yet highly customizable user interface supporting Friends Only, Members Only, Group and Follow post statuses. Designed to work with both BuddyPress and BP Post Status, this plugin adds features no other plugin can.
This plugin is a fork of DJD Site Post, it’s been updated in order to work with BP Post Status to deliver a front end editing experience which offers site admin a great degree of control over the user editing experience. A large number of features can be customized. It supports Group. Members Only, Friends Only and Follow post statuses and you can choose to only allow pending submissions or to allow users to to publish immediately.
Some of the features include:
Front end posting from a page with the shortcode loaded [bp-site-post]
- Front End editing of posts – the plugin has options to replace the WordPress edit links with links pointing to the Site Post editor.
- Supports BP Post Status post statuses – Group, Members, Friends and Follow posts.
- Allows guest publishing without a login.
- Post Format, Categories and tags can be selected.
- Media upload for image insertion plus other related third party plugins.
- Post structure is customizable and enforceable.
- Post widget with the same features as the shortcode.
- After installing and activating the plugin you will need to add the [bp-site-post] shortcode to the page that will host the editor. This adds a responsive form to the front end.
Please note: This plugin is not compatible with Gutenberg; Gutenberg does not support custom post statuses and in addition the plugin cannot support any content created by Gutenberg. Hopefully this will change if and when Gutenberg is able to support custom post statuses. So this is only for Classic Editor enabled sites.
Note that whilst it will work stand-alone it has been designed to work with BP Post Status. It also needs BuddyPress.
Leave a Reply