Avoid Duplicate Titles
Current Version: 1.1.0
Avoid Duplicate Titles is a plugin for WordPress by BuddyUser.com. Whilst it’s not specifically a BuddyPress plugin it is very useful for multi-user situations where there is a high chance of users creating posts and other content with duplicate titles.
Avoid Duplicate Titles is a fork of Duplicate Title Validate and has improved functionality in that:
- It supports all public post types, including custom posts, the specific pst types it works on is selectable.
- Unique titles can be enforced across all post types meaning you don’t have to worry about people creating galleries and posts with the same name for example, if you don’t want that.
- It also supports enforcing unique titles on single post categories, meaning you can allow posts of different types to have the same title.
- It supports blocking of publication of posts with duplicate titles.
- If required the publication block function can be turned off to allow duplicate post titles to be allowed, even though it will provide a warning.
The plugin is available from the WordPress Repository.
Using the plugin is very easy, out of the box it spots duplicates from all public post types and refuses to allow them to be published, saving them as draft instead. You can change this behaviour by going to Admin>>Settings>>Avoid Duplicate Titles where there are settings to allow duplicates to be saved (whilst still warning of the duplication), post type selection and for the validation to only be performed on the same post type as the one being edited.